A Continuous Lean is a fascinatingly cool style blog about the classic American (often preppy) look, coming from a guy's perspective. I spied this post about the movie Trading Places, which I have never seen, supposedly the preppiest movie ever. I must update my Netflix immediately. What are your thoughts on the preppiest movies?
I'm thinking 80s movies involving the Brat Pack or James Spader, don't you think? St. Elmo's Fire, Less Than Zero, and the like...
Ordinary People is a classic...
I love Match Point (and Matthew Goode)
Maybe even The Big Chill (oh Kevin Kline, be still my heart)
5 comments:
I LOVE The Big Chill! When I saw your topic I thought of that movie right away.
Great choices! I have been to the estate where Match Point was filmed in Bershire!!
Oooh, fun list idea.
Yes, anything with James Spader circa 80s is a must - "Pretty in Pink" would make my list. "The Great Gatsby" (Robert Redford) would be on there too.
Great list. I agree with Mel-Pretty in Pink has some great preps.
The scenery and clothing in Matchpoint is amazing!
Trading Places is one of my faves. Maybe also add Dead Poets Society, and Liberty Heights, which contains preps (Alex from Grey's is in it)
Post a Comment